Women in Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Construction Management
WE Engage at UNC Charlotte seeks to promote and foster women engineers by developing and assisting with programs that increase the recruitment, retention, graduation, and job placement of women in engineering, engineering technology, and construction management.
- Increase the number of women who apply to, enroll, and graduate from the College of Engineering.
- Increase awareness of engineering, engineering technology, construction management, and fire safety as exciting and rewarding career paths for women.
- Provide support to student organizations that support the WE Engage Mission, including the Society of Women Engineers, the Alpha Omega Epsilon engineering sorority, the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Engineering Professionals, and the Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity (coed).
- Foster peer and professional networking through social and informative events.
- Encourage collaboration between WE Engage, Engage ME!, UNC Charlotte, industry, and the surrounding communities.