OSDS Transition Advising

Engineering Major --> Different Engineering Major

Students who wish to change to another major within the College of Engineering must submit a Change of Major form and meet with their academic advisor to discuss future goals and the effect of changing majors will have on future semester schedules. Change of Major requests will be reviewed by the Director of Freshman Advising. Students will be notified of a decision via their 49er email.

To apply for a change of major, complete the following steps:

  1. Submit a Change of Major form to initiate the process.
  2. Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to discuss a request to change your major. 


Engineering Major --> Non-Engineering Major

Students wishing to change to a non-College of Engineering major must visit the new major department or the University Advising Center (Colvard North 2200) to be put in contact with an advisor and to complete the Change of Major process.