The Leadership Academy is open to current Lee College of Engineering undergraduates who have completed their freshman year in the college and are carrying a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Early college high school, dual-enrolled, and new transfer students are also eligible if they earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions. A new class of participants is selected each fall. Students must complete all application requirements to be considered. Requirements include completing the application, having two reference forms submitted, and signing up for and participating in an interview.
Please note that essay questions are part of the application and must be completed.
The 2-page application is linked here. Right-click to download it to your computer. Once you have completed the application, print it out and follow the instructions for submittal given on the form.
The Reference Form can be found on the menu to the left. Instructions for submitting the two references required are also provided.
Fall 2019 Application/Retreat Schedule for 2019 – 2020 Cohort
- Application Deadline – NOON, Monday, September 16, 2019
- Interviews – Monday, September 23, Tuesday, September 24, Wednesday, September 25, and Thursday, September 26, 2019
- Applicant Notification – Not later than Friday, October 4, 2019
- Module 1 Retreat - Friday, October 18, 2019, 2:30 PM until Sunday, October 20, 2019, 3:15 PM; The Summit, Haw River State Park, Brown Summit, NC
- Module 2 Retreat - Friday, January 17, 2020, 2:30 PM until Sunday, January 19, 2020, 3:15 PM; William Black Lodge, Montreat, NC
- Module 3 Retreat - Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, 2020, at the UNC Charlotte Campus
- Module 4 Retreat - Friday, September 18, 2020, 2:30 PM until Sunday, September 20, 2020, 3:15 PM. Laurel Ridge Camp and Conference Center, Laurel Springs, NC.