The Leadership Academy is open to current Lee College of Engineering undergraduates who have completed their freshman year in the college and are carrying a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Early college high school, dual-enrolled, and new transfer students are also eligible if they earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions. A new class of participants is selected each fall. Students must complete all application requirements to be considered. Requirements include completing the application, having two reference forms submitted, and signing up for and participating in an interview.
Please note that essay questions are part of the application and must be completed.
The 2-page application is linked here. Right-click to download it to your computer. Once you have completed the application, print it out and follow the instructions for submittal given on the form.
The Reference Form can be found on the menu to the left. Instructions for submitting the two references required are also provided.
Fall 2018 Application/Retreat Schedule for 2018 – 2020 Cohort
- Application Deadline – NOON, Friday, September 14, 2018
- Interviews – Tuesday, September 18, Wednesday, September 19, and Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Applicant Notification – Not later than Friday, October 5, 2018
- Module 1 Retreat - Friday, October 19, 2018, 2:30 PM until Sunday, October 21, 2018, 3:15 PM; The Summit, Haw River State Park, Brown Summit, NC
- Module 2 Retreat - Friday, January 18 2019, 2:30 PM until Sunday, January 20, 2019, 3:15 PM; William Black Lodge, Montreat, NC
- Module 3 Retreat - Late February or Early March 2019, Friday and Saturday dates to be determined at the UNC Charlotte Center City Campus
- Module 4 Retreat - Friday, September 13, 2019, 2:30 PM until Sunday, September 15, 2019, 3:15 PM. Laurel Ridge Camp and Conference Center, Laurel Springs, NC.