The Leadership Academy is open to current Lee College of Engineering undergraduates who have completed their freshman year in the college and are carrying a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Early college high school, dual-enrolled, and new transfer students are also eligible if they earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions. A new class of participants is selected each fall. Students must complete all application requirements to be considered. Requirements include completing the application, having two reference forms submitted, and signing up for and participating in an interview.
Please note that essay questions are part of the application and must be completed. The Reference Form can be found on the menu to the left. Instructions for submitting the two references required are also provided.
Fall 2021 Application - COMING SOON
Retreat Tentative Schedule for 2021 – 2022 Cohort
- Application Deadline – NOON, Monday, September 20, 2021
- Interviews – Monday, September 27, Tuesday, September 28, Wednesday, September 29, and Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Applicant Notification – Not later than Friday, October 8, 2021
- Module 1 Retreat - Friday, October 22, 2021, 2:30 PM until Sunday, October 24, 2021, 3:15 PM; The Summit, Haw River State Park, Brown Summit, NC
- Module 2 Retreat - Friday, January 21, 2022, 2:30 PM until Sunday, January 23, 2022, 3:15 PM; William Black Lodge, Montreat, NC
- Module 3 Retreat - Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, 2022, at the UNC Charlotte Campus
- Module 4 Retreat - Friday, September 23, 2022, 2:30 PM until Sunday, September 25, 2022, 3:15 PM. Laurel Ridge Camp and Conference Center, Laurel Springs, NC.