The Leadership Academy is open to current Lee College of Engineering undergraduates who have completed their freshman year in the college and are carrying a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Early college high school, dual-enrolled, and new transfer students are also eligible if they earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions. A new class of participants is selected each fall. Students must complete all application requirements to be considered. Requirements include completing the application, having two reference forms submitted, and signing-up for and participating in an interview.
Please note that essay questions are part of the application and must be completed.
The Reference Form is linked here. Instructions for submitting the two references required are also provided on this page.
Fall 2017 Application/Retreat Schedule for 2017 – 2019 Cohort
- Application deadline – 5:00 PM, Friday, September 15, 2017
- Interviews – Tuesday, September 19, Wednesday, September 20, and Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Applicant notification – Not later than Friday, October 6, 2017
- Module 1 Retreat - Friday, October 27, 2017 3:00 PM until Sunday, October 29, 2017 3:00 PM; The Summit, Haw River State Park, Brown Summit, NC
- Module 2 Retreat - Friday, January 19, 2018 3:00 PM until Sunday, January 21, 2018 3:00 PM; William Black Lodge, Montreat, NC
- Module 3 Retreat - Friday Ferruary 23, 2018 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM and Saturday February 24, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; AREVA offices in Charlotte for retreat activities
- Module 4 Retreat - Friday, September 14, 2018, 3:00 PM until Sunday, September 16, 2018, 3:00 PM. Laurel Ridge Camp and Conference Center, Laurel Springs, NC.